I met Dan and Michael of Socialight while I was in Korea. They are two great individuals at a great firm. If ya got the skills, and want to work in Manhattan, this is the place for you.
== Lead Engineer for social software platform ==
Kamida is seeking an exceptionally talented engineer to work in our Manhattan office. This is a full-time position in a fun, fast-paced startup environment.
We’re looking for an experienced engineer to lead the development of our next generation location-enhanced mobile social software platform including developing a scalable, robust database, multi-platform media delivery and carrier-grade commercial architecture. The lead
engineer is responsible for producing detailed system specifications, managing a development team, validating performance and scalability, and leading implementation, code review and unit testing for Kamida products and technologies.
Ideally, you wake up in the morning looking for your next challenge, are remarkably detail-oriented, highly competent, multi-faceted and love creating web and mobile applications. Good design sensibility and a sense of humor always helps.
Qualifications: BS/MS/PhD or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline Requirements (knowledge of some of these is acceptable):
- Extensive experience managing software projects
- 3+ years of programming Java (J2ME, J2EE)
- 3+ years of experience with LAMP (Linux, Apache, Perl / PHP, MySQL)
- Deep understanding of XML / XSLT
- Web Services (SOAP, REST, XML-RPC)
- Ruby on Rails
- Proficiency with OOP and MVC
- Versioning software (RCS, CVS, Subversion)
- Mobile development experience
- GIS Experience
- Standards based web design XHTML/CSS
- Python (Python on Series60 is a huge plus) / BREW / Symbian C++
Please send your resume and a cover letter detailing what makes you
right for this job to email@example.com