GDC Canada 2009 Event Round-up
There was a general focus on higher-budget games for the first GDC Canada -- reflecting the output of many Vancouver-area developers like EA Canada, Relic Entertainment, Next Level Games, and Radical Entertainment, all of whom had representatives at the show.
2009 GDC Canada's relatively small size gave it an intimate feel, although the keynotes by Don Mattrick of Microsoft and Drs. Greg Zeschuk and Ray Muzyka of BioWare saw fully-packed rooms.
There also are links to all of Gamasutra's session coverage from the two days of GDC Canada, including both keynote addresses:
- Microsoft's Mattrick Talks Distinctive Days, Pioneer Spirit
- BioWare Bosses Talk The Future Of Storytelling
- Next Level's Tronsgard On The Anti-Crunch Manifesto
- Rogers On Determining Studio Value To Publishers
- EA Montreal's Schneider Gets Disruptive On Army Of Two
- What Game Developers Should Know About Windows 7
- Researcher Chandler Talks Creating Emotion, Belief